View Single Post
      10-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #20
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
C8 is not production car yet, the timed track section was done by a motortrend writer not an actual race driver, the C8 was held back by the GM nanny’s in attendance as said in the story not quite a legitimate test by any means. it was a make shift track and I stated it should be done on actual tracks like Laguna, VIR, Ring not a hastily concocted piece of road. I’m talking about professional tracks with professional timing, not some writers with a stopwatch. The go to place for real world head to head cars, Fastest laps website for stock production cars, real times on real tracks.
R&T PCOTY doesn’t even put the cars on a race track, just your basic performance numbers and more feelings what some guys think. One is quicker to 60 but the other is quicker to 100, one has a higher trap yet the other has a lower ET.......How can we quantify that? We can’t. Real race track lap times only.
Chris Walton drove both and is more than a capable driver.

I don’t think Fastest Laps is definitive. What is definitive is same day, same driver. Or at least same driver and procedures, like Sport Auto.

Again, I don’t see anything major changing the performance outcome for the Vette.
Appreciate 0