c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I think if we were talking about some half baked thing like an i8 that six engineers had been sequestered for two weeks to develop that your skepticism might be warranted.

But we're talking about a Corvette. A car with a 66 year history and the legacy of a manufacturer behind it. The C6R and C7R have dominated racing for years and as far as I've seen, the engineers have made a lot of half baked ideas work better than nearly anyone else.

Why would they make the change to mid engine unless it was to move things further along? And why would they lie about easily verifiable parameters that are going to be poured over endlessly very soon? It's not like someone claimed some half wit car like a Kia Soul has a lower cG, it's a new Corvette. People will absolutely verify that. You don't have to believe it but the odds of rando keyboard jockey discrediting GM on this one are pretty darn slim.
With that in mind, the C8 was initially developed in parallel with the C7 but then they didn't have the budget and went with the C7. The C8 has had a much longer time to be perfected.
Appreciate 0