View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #866
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The C7 Z51 Ring run(Mero driving) was never published because the new Carrera S beat it by a second and Chevy didn’t want that out there. Mero wanted it made public by Chevy declined.

Just in that statement alone, you confirmed my suspicion. There's actually no hard rules in place that says GM does not publish mule times. If the C8 base mule breaks the 7:20 of the Z06, you bet GM would be out there shouting it from the mountain top.

GM refused to publish the C7 Z51 Ring run BECAUSE PORSCHE BEAT IT. That's how marketing works. Someone already stole your thunder. You think GM won't find a way to "leak" the C8 ring time if it's as speculated significantly faster than the C7 Z51 or Grand Sport times?

Yes, I am just guessing, but I am also a life long marketing executive with experience in the Automotive Aftermarket (no not automotive manufacturing). I know how this works. I still think that those other performance figures are not published or leaked by GM because they weren't the paradigm shift we all thought it would be.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0