06-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #4
PrionFawkes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
...I simply don't understand any negative comments regarding the G29's styling
I believe the vast majority of people with negative comments (they are entitled to their opinion) have not seen the car in person. Photos do not do the car any favors, and it must be seen in person to fully appreciate it's design.

There's also a contingent of diehard BMW enthusiasts that refuse to accept the new headlight configuration and the 'mesh' effect to the elongated grilles.

I was on the phone with BMW Genius earlier, getting the name of the ship my car was loaded aboard on Tuesday, and the agent on the phone got very excited when he saw what car I had ordered.

Apparently they had parked the exact same configuration in their lobby overnight, and everyone was talking about it this morning after passing it on their way in. He said he had to stop and do a full walk around, because he couldn't believe how much better it looked in person. He said it looked "mean", and very attention grabbing in the Misano Blue.

For all I know, he could have been trained to bring up such things when customers call in; but it felt genuine to me.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50