hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
If anyone is really bored, you can see all the reno pictures you want on our IG - @trentandtracie Plus a few records, the occasional cocktail and a few pics or our cat Conan O'Brien.
What kind of record gear is your choosing? I’ve got a pretty decent collection, but I’m really not happy with the player nor speakers. Hoping for something compact. One that can go direct from player to speaker would be ideal - albeit not realistic as I’m finding. In all honesty, our tunes are sent via Bluetooth from the phone. The records are more art, but the occasional play is fine with a glass in hand.
We've got a U-Turn turntable, nothing fancy, but sounds nice to our ears, I would say just a step above an entry level table.

We went with KEF Q500 floor speakers, but they make some good shelf speakers with the same technology now.

Our amp is the Heaven11 Billie amp, which is a quality piece of gear that we admittedly bought for the aesthetic more than any other reason.

Our very first setup was an Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB. It consistently ranks as the best "starter" turntable and down the road you can upgrade the cartridge if you want to bump the performance up a little. We used the same KEF speakers from day #1, but these Edifier S1000DBs are highly rated shelf speakers that look good and won't break the bank (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDIS6M0...ogi&th=1&psc=1). We used a Marantz PM5005 amplifier ($499 with free Prime delivery on Amazon right now) and it was great - not the cheapest, but lots of bang for your buck and with that lovely "warm" Marantz sound.

Last edited by hooligan_G01; 07-06-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 1