Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
4 plates is rare, 5 epic.
My training partner that I have spoken off is kind of in the same situation. In one way....it actually helps him competitively.

He got in the way of a lawn mower when he was around 4 years old, and really chewed his leg up. Multiple surgeries throughout the years, and he has one leg that has a steel rod that runs the length of it as they never could repair his knee.

So since he can't train legs, he always done upper body. Now I have mentioned to you about his genetics. even without training legs a day in his life, his legs are bigger and more muscular than most people in the gym squatting each week. He typically walks around at 210-220 and ripped, but drops down to 198 for his weight class. He then usually enters his weight class and the two weight classes above him as he can move up...just not down.

He learned a long time ago that he could score a much higher payday that way as he pretty much dominates his weight class and the others above it.

But if he could train his legs and had full function, he would be 240+ easily. I am talking one in a million type of genetics.

But he currently has an unofficial best bench of 540lbs. I was there and spotted him. When you can routinely rep 4 plates on the bench, you are an elite in my book.

Guy has 22" upper arms, 18.5" forearms,...hell his wrist is probably 9" around. And his hands are big enough to palm the 8lb medicine ball in our gym. But the kicker...a 30" waist.

I will crop out his face and post a pic just to show you what genetics (this is 98% of it) and very hard work will do for you. Guy trains with an intensity like you have never seen, and consistently for over 25 years. He's our age and still considered the "King of the Hill" in his sport that everyone is trying to knock off.

And before anyone thinks the wrong thing....he is "Natural". His sport is nationally tested by all the doping agencies and he has never failed once even though he gets accused all of the time.

No...I don't have a "man crush" on him......but if you are serious about working out and just getting started, get with a guy like this like I was fortunate enough to do. Been training with him for a long time, and he always comes up with ways to kill me in the gym.