Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Been following F1 for a while probably longer than you think though I'm not as involved with it as you,the socialite F1 scene must be interesting to say the least,I'm just a team top and baseball cap fan.
Max has age on his side and with an ever improving car together with the now sorted engine deal and a seemingly more capable teammate it will be harder for HAM to keep a grip together with the other teams coming on song too.
No doubt all interest now is what's coming out of Milton Keynes and Brackley.
It is very interesting to see how RBR will face this season and the future managing their own PU.

I actually believe that with McLaren coming on, Checo Perez in the team, and Force India, um Racing Point, err Aston Martin with resources and a hopefully resurgent VET, Max will have more problems than ever. This doesn't even count the noises coming from Ferrari with their new engine. There is a possibility of 7 more drivers racing hard to get to the front of the grid and never underestimate the development capabilities of McLaren once the season starts. I can easily see RBR slipping to 4th or even 5th in the WCC and Max slipping to 4th or 5th in the WDC.

Max has his work cut out for him. He's been driving in the gap between Mercedes and whomever the 3rd best team is per race. He will now have to fight for every scrap, let alone mount a championship challenge.

Contrast this with Lewis who has been in F1 for 14 years as of last season and has battled for championships in 12 of those seasons. Only 2009 and 2011 could be counted as seasons he didn't mount a championship challenge. When you think about it, that statistic is remarkable.

As in all things, we shall see when the red lights go out!

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Ngilbe361618.50
Steeler2428.50