07-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #21
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Local dealership made me pay for a battery replacement that I thought was covered by the warranty, so they didn't earn any 10's from me.
Let me see if I understand this. You gave negative reviews to the dealer because you thought something was covered that actually wasn't and got pissed when they charged you for that uncovered item?

Wow...

Here's my story that relates directly to this bullshit above. The day my warranty ended my DMTL pump failed while I was traveling. It was a Saturday at 4:00 PM. There was no way I was going to get to a BMW dealer. Called roadside, they said my warranty was active, offered a flatbed to the dealer for Monday, etc. I declined, the car was more than driveable.

I thought the day your warranty expired was a day covered. I had them document it so my dealer would see it the following week when I took it in, and all would be covered. Well what I thought was wrong. You are no longer covered the day it expires (I interpreted the expiry date to be one of those "do we go on three or 1,2,3 and THEN go types of situations). I didn't pitch a fit and definitely wouldn't have rated them any lower on the survey for informing me my take on their warranty policy wasn't right.

I am always up front with every service adviser that I will always take care of them on the surveys as long as they treat me fairly and will always give them a chance to correct something I feel is wrong before I ever fill the survey out. Up to that point far my dealer had done a good by me (very shocking considering their reputation) so I had rated them as such. Well, surprise surprise, guess what? THEY COVERED IT. Saved me ~$600. Service Adviser (who is now the Service Manager) straight up told me he overrode it and covered it because I had been so good to them on the surveys.

The service adviser he gave me after he became Service Manager is great as well. Always rate him 10's no matter what. Well, when I encountered a wiring issue I hadn't caused while I was way out of warranty my SA knocked off 1.5 hours of labor from my bill for hunting it down. He said "Tech spent 5 hours hunting this down and I know damn well you spent 5 hours on this yourself and you know what you're doing, so consider this me paying you for that effort".

Yeah, sometimes it's better to not be a dick.
Appreciate 0