07-30-2017, 01:48 PM   #652
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
20 pounds!!! That's awesome! Congratulations! Life is so much better the closer you are to your proper weight. Keep up the good work!

Hand and wrist numbness generally comes from too much weight being on your bars. If nothing else changes, increasing saddle height should put more weight on your hands. Do you have any steer tube sticking up above your stem? If so, you may consider putting one or a few of the spacers below the stem to raise the bar height. But that's going to put that pressure back on your saddle.

That said, most of us have a routine of position changes to keep things like that at bay. I try and stand up for 30sec or more every 12-15 min of the ride and i change my hand position on the bars by the minute.
I do move my hands around quite a bit. But I need to try the standing up trick and see if that helps. The loop I ride is 4 miles and starts/ends in my driveway, so every 4 miles I stop for a few seconds to stand up and grab a drink. That way my hands and butt are getting breaks. I'm still thinking both these problems will slowly fade away as I continue to lose weight.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00