04-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #42
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I really like what Caddy is trying to achieve and I respect underlying excellence of the platform that their modern sedans are built on. But for me, the timing is all wrong. Personally, I don't want the car the replaces my e92 M to be another sedan-based coupe. I have a SUV for regular driving and I'd like more of a true sports car: corvette, cayman, 4c, etc. I know Caddy has tried the vette-based sport car in the past, but I do think they're in a great position currently to offer a 2-seat FR sports car, like a C7, since chevy now sells the MR C8. If Caddy came out with more of a true sports car, that's something I'd consider.
Sounds like this might be right up your alley then if they decide to green light it. A Caddy with roots to the Allante and the XLR’s of the past. A serious two seater, Cadillac sports machine. I’d love to see them rolling off GM lines. I would be somewhat interested but I’m a Corvette guy waiting for the C8 Z06 to come along. I think this proposed XLR will sell pretty darn well. Please GM, build it!
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadill...-ar183681.html
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
3798j11413.50