Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I subscribe to the theory of supply and demand, and that if supply becomes greater than demand the prices and test drive policies will become more favorable to the consumer. I believe what we're seeing is demand dictating dealer behavior; and it's just that consumers aren't expecting such from a Toyota dealership.
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

If demand was so great, they wouldn't be knocking thousands off and adding 0% financing. Our points are, if they turn around and pull this same stuff on the '21's because now they have more power, they will stunt sales again.

Seriously $20k over MSRP? Who in hell pays $75k for the new Supra or more?

You can import a LHD drive A80 from Japan for less than half that, and isn't that what all fanbois crying about BMW's involvement want anyway?
I'm not sure why you think we disagree with each other because you're supporting my position that a car without demand, will fail to demand a high price.
I'm not sure where people are getting quotes of $20k (or anything for that matter) above sticker. As I mentioned earlier, I see 2021s listed at sticker on AutoTrader. Personally I'm skeptical of these stories.