Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
If you expect an answer from me, then quote me or tag me so you won't think I'm "avoiding" you.

Make your point relevant- because if you're about to say "a woman getting breast implants is the same as gender reassignment" than I won't further entertain your time.

We've already established as to what I was referring to when I used the quote of "playing God" in this specific thread. If you missed it- read the last exchange between the other gentleman and myself.
I can't be bothered to open up the full reply to tag you. Not worth my time. Also, you didn't avoid me, you avoided a question. I draw a distinction there. No personal need for your attention, no offense.

Onward:

Seems you don't understand the difference between gender and sex. Sorry for that. Here, let me help you. You cannot reassign gender. That is psychologically defined and can not be changed. Similar to the sexual preference gradient in a way. Sex is anatomical, primary and secondary characteristics with which we are born or develop through adolescence.

So that said:

How is a woman getting breast implants any different? She is cosmetically altering her body. If surgically converting your sex characteristics from male to female or vice versa is "playing god" then how is altering those same characteristics to be other than that which you were genetically coded for somehow kosher? You aren't allowed to cherry pick. Either you can physically alter for physical identity or you cant. This makes me feel that your stance is in fact religiously motivated, despite your assertions that you are not.

Finally, to clarify, non-essential breast augmentation would be WORSE than sex reassignment if you were to actually feel that way from an ethical standpoint. At least undergoing hormone therapy and operations to change physical characteristics from one sex to another is grounded in GID, rather than wanton desire or consumerism.

Well if there's no need for my personal attention why bother wasting all that time when you seem to be the one confused with the medical term of what Bruce Jenner is actually doing?

He's not having sex reassignment. He's having gender reassignment. You aren't taking the time actually look the procedure up. I'm not the one calling it "gender reassignment". That's the medical procedure being taken.

Look it up. Or here I'll help you.

And I never said my assertions weren't from a religious stand point? Where did I ever state that? I'm a proud catholic and while I don't agree with some of their practices- most I do.

Whether or not I agree with this, is beyond me. It's my duty as an imperfect human being to treat others with the upmost respect no matter how much I disagree with their decisions as I'm sure others disagree with mine

But just because those of you who don't have a spiritual guidance in your life feel I'm wrong because of a faith I have- doesn't make you anymore right. Your argument is "I don't believe what I can't see".

If that's the case- then what does that mean in regards to Bruce Jenner? He "felt" he was a woman. But there's no proof of that now is there? So...it's all made up just like my faith in God, right?
Attached Images