View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #43
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
Thanks for the advice dad but I'll keep it off. It's hard to believe we all survived the 80s and 90s without these life saving computer modules.

The only time i _would use it is the first couple laps around a new track.Side note I do have great tires / suspension and [I hate posting this] I do have a lot of seat time logged especially with instructors. This car is very predictable and has tons of static grip. It's a real ask to get anywhere near that on a public road, it'd be totally asinine of me to begin with to be in a situation where dsc makes a difference. I drive like an old man usually. With the stock suspension and runflats yeah you could find that point without trying so hard.

In my case day to day all dsc does is cut the throttle on good upshifts and cause confusion. The car feels freed up with it off the wheels spin freely as they should. Ymmv
It'd be asinine of you to get near triggering stability control on a public road, but day to day you trigger it? Asinine indeed.

Yes, we made it through a time when there weren't so many safety systems on cars, but many didn't. The safety systems are there for when something unexpected happens. I've no doubt you can drive a car, but sometimes sh1t happens, irrespective of driving skill.

I agree that you can make positive changes to the safety of your car by upgrading suspension and tyres, etc. But I cannot see any defensible argument that it's safer with stability control off, and safety is all that matters on a public road.
Appreciate 2
NOT2DAY117.00