View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Arrow 2014 ADAC Race Season (GT Masters, 24Nurburgring, VLN Endurance, etc)...

I haven't seen much, if any, talk about the ADAC organized racing events across Europe. These is not a new racing series, having been run for many, many years. For those here uninitiated, let's start with some basics:

What is ADAC?
ADAC stands for, literally, Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V.. It is a German auto club that runs everything from supercars to supercross to superboats. You may some times see, as you will when I list the series stops, the acronym "DMV" associated with the stop or ring. This was the name of ADAC initially and means: Deutsche Motorradfahrer-Vereinigung.

Each year ADAC runs a series for their Grand Touring participants called the ADAC GT Masters. The latest race was this past weekend, 6/8/14 at the Red Bull Ring.
I will use this thread for the entire season being that their probably isn't much need to start a new thread for each stop as we do with F1 and MotoGP.

Here is the website, feel free to explore it: http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/regeln/static/

--For those in the USA, these are broadcast on Fox Sports and Speed 2

Here is the remainder of the 2014 season.
6/8 - Red Bull Ring
8/10 - Slovakia Ring
8/31 - Nurburgring
9/21 - Sachsenring
10/5 - Hockenheim

So what Grand Tourers are entered? Here you go:
BMW Z4 GT3 ( I put this one up top since we all love BMW)
Corvette Z06.R GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Audi R8 LMS ultra
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Chevrolet Camaro GT
Lamborghini Gallardo FL2

and this lady was there so yeah

Now on to some fun stuff, here are some photos from the last event. This is a pretty cool series so I'd invite you all to check it out or look out for my periodic updates here in this thread....

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-09-2014 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0