View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 02:01 PM   #51
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
His skill has been developing... 2021 he was fighting hard. The RB18 in 2022 was fast, but he still had to fight. The RB19 is again fast, and he's no longer fighting... I think the car is damn fast, but I don't think that's all that's contributing to Max's success, and that's where our opinions differ. He was in a car that was poorly set up for the track last weekend and after the safety car he was reeling in the top drivers at a pretty quick pace, I think it was close to 2 seconds a lap.
his skill developed him to be a loser until his car in 2021 was literally the fastest car on the grid, and he almost lost until he was gifted the WDC. In 2022 his car was head and shoulders above everyone else - so much so that even his barely average teammate was putting the rest of the field to shame. Same thing this season - more of the same - and the same talking heads who said Hamilton was all car - are strangely quiet on Max's car carrying his barely above average driving to 1st place.

And Hamilton is so 'washed' and on the decline he's regularly destroying the Verstappen level Russell with ease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I don't get the superiority complex in this statement... so I'mma just ignore that...
It's not for you, they know who they are.