View Single Post
      08-26-2021, 02:45 PM   #248
e92hunter
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Okay, and? I said just because it was discontinued doesn't mean the car wasn't good. The Giulia Quadrifoglio doesn't sell very well either but its a damn fantastic driving and feeling car, one of the best sport sedans on the market in years.

Its been a while, but I drove an early F90 M5 on track some time back. Like I said, more capable and composed, yes, however feel and engagement are sorely lacking and the engine is not my favorite compared to the MB or Lexus competition. The car just feels numb in most settings. The problem is a car like an M5 isn't my first choice for a car I would track, and its limits on the street are far too high, and the car itself just lacks personality/theater.

I'm just not a fan of the new M5, F10 or F90. The GS-F has its flaws, but it also offers many features that aren't available in its competitors that help set it apart, and because of that I am excited for the IS500, which will offer many of those benefits in a smaller, lighter, and less expensive package.
If you had an inclination for feel and theater, why did you get a CLS53? It doesn't even have a real AMG engine nor does it handle well or provide better feedback than an equivalent M550i or M850i.
Appreciate 0