Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I have no crystal ball regarding Tesla’s long-term success, but my worthless gut feeling is that they will prevail.

Remember the Lindberg story? Even some of his financial backers questioned the wisdom (dangers) of attempting to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Lindbergh’s response? We must keep trying until we succeed.

He was right.

Meanwhile, I continue my long-time passion of building and flying all types of radio control aircraft. I have witnessed huge advances in RC technology including electric motors and batteries. The technology is now so good (reliable and powerful) that all of the aircraft I build are electric, plus I have converted all of my old nitro fuel airplanes to electric power. One of my favorites is an electric ducted fan jet that easily exceeds 100 MPH in level flight. Smooth, quiet, no mess.
I agree. I think they will ultimately succeed.

On a more important topic...post a few pics of your aircraft! I've always been interested but never took the plunge. What's the best way to get started? Feel free to take this to PM.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.