View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 12:26 AM   #7
pchood
NW Burbs Chicago
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeEl View Post
I used to drive the previous Z4 35i. It was a lease and I had to return it (reluctantly, even extended the lease for a couple months) several years ago. The new one was supposed to come out ‘really soon’, so I didn’t get a new one, decided to wait for the G29. And waited. And waited. And waited. Test drove two 30i and ordered the M40i in San Francisco Red and white interior. Waited long enough for the car that I had saved up the difference, so I splurged. To be honest, here in the US, I would have been very happy with a 30i as well. But it’s a fun car, and I was afraid of second guessing myself after purchase.

Conclusion: Very well done, BMW. The car is a blast to drive. Freude am Fahren and such. Go get one.
Nice review, thanks! So I picked up my M40i tonight and I have only one gripe after night one. The Harmon Kardon stereo sounds about half as good as my M235, what’s your opinion on the stereo? Other then that it’s all smiles. I agree the 1200 mile break in period is going to be hell not trying the launch control or doing full kick downs. Guess comfort mode through the Northwest Chicago suburbs are going to be in my future for the next few weeks.
Appreciate 1
CeEl477.50