Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Of course you know that the ZF8 in your X3 and the ZF8 in the Z4 are not exactly the same transmission.
Sure, but people often comment how great that transmission is relative to others. I've driven Lamborghini's with paddle shifters, Porsche's PDK, etc., and I don't have any interest in anything other than a manual. It largely defeats the fun of a sports car, to me.

Real talk, I myself, have tried & driven like 10 different DCTs & ZF8s equipped vehicles, with a completely open-mind and absolutely no bias whatsoever but the honest truth is; the paddle shifters gets old, very fast. I just end up leaving it in auto and let the computer do its thing.

The manual/auto argument is so perplexing. You cannot convince me that the ZF8 is more entertaining, when I experience the monotony myself, first hand. It's like looking at the sky and seeing that it's clearly blue but some folks are attempting to try to make you believe it's pink.

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that an auto, as efficient as it is and always would be, doesn't afford the same visceral feedback you get from a stick..

I've come to the conclusion that the manual naysayers either can't drive stick or are just in strait denial, for whatever that reason might be..
Appreciate 6
smknjoe234.00
10"4974.50
duder13767.00
The_Werm212.00
wknddrivr464.50