United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

Real talk, I myself, have tried & driven like 10 different DCTs & ZF8s equipped vehicles, with a completely open-mind and absolutely no bias whatsoever but the honest truth is; the paddle shifters gets old, very fast. I just end up leaving it in auto and let the computer do its thing.

The manual/auto argument is so perplexing. You cannot convince me that the ZF8 is more entertaining, when I experience the monotony myself, first hand. It's like looking at the sky and seeing that it's clearly blue but some folks are attempting to try to make you believe it's pink.

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that an auto, as efficient as it is and always would be, doesn't afford the same visceral feedback you get from a stick..

I've come to the conclusion that the manual naysayers either can't drive stick or are just in strait denial, for whatever that reason might be..
I am not a manual naysayer in any way - as I said in an earlier post, 16 of my 18 BMWs have been manual, including my current M4. What I am is someone that refuses to write off a very good car because it happens to have a ZF in it. I am looking forward to getting my Z4 that is on order and am looking forward to owning/driving it, despite the fact that it was not available with a manual. I just think that people that are "manual or nothing" in mantality are being very narrow minded. We are not talking about Powerglides or Dynaflows here.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 3
530iDriver1707.50
EvenKeel418.00