View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 06:26 PM   #429
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

from McLaren dont remember who said during FP2 that we inspect the champ winning car and try to implement on our car as well.. so with this in mind.. brake duct copying is illegal ok.. when you compare Ferrari and Haas brake ducts they re 95% the same.. when you compare Red Bull and Alpha Tauri its 95% is the same.. Racing Point is 99% is the same.. i guess that makes the whole problem.. like that saying how different does difference have to be.. yes Racing Point's car heavily inspired by Merc's car its obvious.. but want to ask really.. teams can order the PU, suspension, brake systems, uprights, pads etc. from another team but not brake ducts.. is this solution for "saving the sport".. i dont think so.. in the end its a rule ok but how on earth Racing Point can design another brake duct in few days manufacture it and put on the car in this short period of time.. its not realistic..

and now i guess things will get deeper with this Racing Point issue lawyers will be around and they ll bring the blueprints of their designs overlap them and it wont be the same 100% with Merc.. so it wont be a copy, heavily inspired design or some other fancy wording of law.. or Racing Point will be disqualified completely.. Renault was waiting to make an attack until Racing Points finish in front them and they did in Austria.. at least RP cars suck on Sundays that these controversies came a bit later..