View Single Post
      01-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
I ran a 14:45 two mile on the treadmill sunday night. I have to run on an indoor sport complex track wednesday @ 7am in under 16:36. I am worried I won't make it.

Variables:

Treadmill is easier on the legs (but my legs are pretty tough anyway)

Treadmill also restrict your stride more because you have to stay in a little box worth of space

Treadmill keeps your pace better but I also have a grader telling me my time each lap

Indoor track I am told has very dry air, but is it similar to gym/treadmill air? It is a multi sport complex

It is 16 laps, they say a lot of turning will hurt my time.

What do you think I will hit for a time? Should I bother worrying? Dammit!
Can't foresee what your time will be, but since you've been training on a treadmill this whole time, its probably better for you opposed to running out in the cold! Good Luck..you'll be fine!

btw..the air should be the same...well the gym might be a little more moist b/c of all the sweat and whatnot