View Single Post
      08-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #97
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

BMW TEAM SCHUBERT READY FOR GT MASTERS SLOVAKIARING ROUNDS

Dominik Baumann and Claudia Hürtgen go in the BMW Z4 GT3 with start number 19 as third in the drivers' standings in the race nine and ten of the season. They are just 26 points behind the leaders. Last year, the duo arrived in Slovakia in third and tenth, respectively.

"Despite the long break, I'm still full of rhythm. Firstly, of course, because of the 24 hours on the Nürburgring VLN and, on the other hand because of my start in the Blancpain Sprint Series", Dominik Baumann said. "I am delighted that the ADAC GT Masters season finally starts its second half. Route guidance at the Slovakia Ring has changed slightly compared to the previous year. Artificial harassment will cease to exist in that year. That should be our BMW Z4 GT3 not be bad. myself for a few years now ride on the track and know them very well. I think we should have a good chance to remain in the championship race. "

The BMW Z4 GT3 with start number 20 continues Jens Klingman (DE) and Max Sandy Knight (DE). Both occupied together with Baumann and Thomas Jäger (AT) last weekend, second place in the VLN Endurance Championship. Kling man broke through here as the first driver of all time in a GT3 car on the VLN Nordschleife variant of the eight-minute barrier.

In the ADAC GT Masters Klingman and Sandy Knight find themselves here after an unhappy first half of the season in ninth in the drivers' standings. The Pixum Team Schubert powered by Jochen Schweizer ranks in the team standings with 114 points for second place. The two races at the Slovakia Ring begin on Saturday and Sunday respectively by 12 noon.

"I look forward to the Slovakia Ring, because that is a route that should the BMW Z4 GT3 are" Max said. "I myself feel after my inserts on the Nordschleife optimally prepared. During last VLN race I was on the podium. Now I'm highly motivated to do it in the ADAC GT Masters, too."

Stefan Wendl, Team Manager Schubert Motorsport, made ​​no secret of the fact that all look the team that the long summer break is finally over. "Especially the record lap, the Jens Kling man last Saturday turned the VLN race on the Nordschleife, has once again given the whole team a boost of motivation. We are all determined on the Slovakia Ring as successful continue," Wendl said. "Our goal is the podium. If we want to fight for the lead in the drivers' and team standings, we need many points. According to the experience from which we are optimistic to be competitive again., The question will be just how much the Qualifying is worth it because you have seen in 2013 that one can get at the start and from tenth to first place with certain vehicles. "

"I look forward to the Slovakia Ring, because that is a route that should the BMW Z4 GT3 lie."
Max Sand Knight

Appreciate 0