02-15-2019, 04:21 AM   #286
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
It's crazy how our bodies decline as we age. In the last three years my total test levels have gone from 345 ng/dl to 324 ng/ dl on my last physical last August. I don't consume drugs, or have ever used PEDs, water only, and compound exercises and yet suffer with low T. I actually do quite well in the gym, but once home I have no energy. My doctor referred me for a sleep study, but that didn't say crap. Only thing I can think of at this point is adrenal fatigue, and high amounts of caffeine consumption leading to high cortisol levels. Also hear great things about mg, and D3 supplementation and currently doing that.

A buddy of mine (53 years old) who is also on trt says great things about it. My only concern with trt (once I qualify for it) is that primary care docs don't do HCG, or finistride to control elevated Estrodiol, and DHT conversion. I have access to testosterone gels but I am scared of trying it on my own. 80 mg/week is not high...I would be quite happy with my t-levels in the 600 ng/dl range. Do you remember what your free testosterone number before you started TRT?

If I remember correctly, it was in the 170-180 range. I know it was below 200. I initially went in for the same as you.....fatigue and also just feeling overwhelmed from everything that was going on. Plus my joints actually hurt constantly and I couldn't recover from even easy workouts. I would be wiped out for days.

Never tested cortisol, but my PC specializes in Internal Medicine and very open minded to all of this.

I remembered telling him....something is off....and I do not want pain killers or an anti-inflammatory as that was just treating the symptoms.

I've been through quite a few sleep studies....oddly enough I always aced them with flying colors. My problem is that 4-5 hours....and I'm up and wide awake. Been that way my whole life.

Eventually my PC just told me that different people need different amounts....and I am one that doesn't require a lot of it.

But we could start a different thread on all of this off you like, I feel like we have taken this one off track already....and I apologize to the other guys on here.

We will move the conversation if we can!
Appreciate 0