cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Basically, they're saying that by doing things for someone else without asking them if they want it done is an imposition. Even worse when they're expected to 'play along' in order to not seem 'rude'. If you weren't asked for help, don't help is the principal. I get it. I understand you opening doors for others is something you see yourself doing as being considerate, and I'm sure your intentions with it are genuine. I hold the door for everyone too, sometimes finding myself regretting it when too many people suddenly show up.

I have experience with some family members that have trauma that resulted in ptsd, and they tell me how it's triggering to be touched by others or find themselves in a position where they feel obligated to do something (like pass closely by someone that's holding a door open). So, I can see what they mean by not wanting to take part. If I open the door for someone and they don't seem to want to pass I'll just say 'excuse me' and walk off. Who knows what's going on in them. Trauma, difference in customs, whatever it's not my business or place to judge. I think we just all have to keep our eyes and hearts open and not be quick to get angry, judge, defend, or deny feelings.
I'm not talking about getting in someone's space. I'm not talking about touching someone. I'm talking about walking through a door with someone right behind me and holding it open so they can grab it and walk through behind me. My issue is with the self absorbed, it's my world and you're only living in it, all about them rude ass people that walk through as if they are entitled to someone doing something for them and are too high and mighty to bother to say thank you or even acknowledge with the nod of a head. I'm sure you know the type. And those are the only type I pull my bitch routine with. That is all.