Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421BMW View Post
How is the handling compared to the e89? That's the biggest thing that scares me. Along with the electronics. I have the new X5 with the same cockpit and every time I start it, it like playing roulette with what will work correctly. The steering on that is so slushy compared to others. I took my e85 Z4 out for the first drive of the season and my arms are almost direct from having to work a little to steer. Felt way more connected to the road. Worried that new Z steering/handling will be slushy as well, even in sport.

As for using phone for TXT's. If you don't want to use CarPlay. Under comm, select the phone then unselect Connect via CarPlay (or something like that).
The handling and steering are great. Car feels more connected and 'immediate' than the E89. Again please keep in mind: road trips, no track use. I definitely notice the difference in steering between Z4 and our other cars or rentals.

Also, the hood seems to be shorter, so turning doesn't feel like the car is pivoting around you, but rather you are turning with the car as part of the car. It's all more direct.
Appreciate 0