11-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #22
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm so thankful I was exposed to operating equipment at a young age. First the riding lawn mower, then go karts, dirt bikes, farm equipment, etc. I had thousands of hours of vehicle operating experience before I even drove a car. Then my parents told me I had to work a job and pay for my first vehicle. At the time I was annoyed since many of my high school friends were given cool cars and I bought a $3000 Jeep. Now I realize the blessing I had, because based on my experience with dirt bikes, atvs and go karts as a kid, my first car would've likely been put into a tree without that experience.
Very similar upbringing to my self. Hell I was operating commercial agriculture equipment on a 3000sq acre farm prior to getting my license to be able to afford my first vehicle. Same thing parents didn't buy, was up to me to come up with the funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I definitely think there should be Hp to weight ratio limits for operators under a certain age (maybe 25), unless a set of more stringent driver's training obligations have been met.
As someone sub 25 with not even a blemish on my driving record I am firmly against the first part of this statement. As for the more stringent drivers training I think that would be fine. Bottom line is some shouldn't be behind the wheel of something so powerful without any experience. I was driving my step dad's '05 viper and '65 cobra kit car around the time I got my license when he would allow me to do so. Now in my 09 M3 if anything I think it lacks power haha. All ages have some shitty drivers, fair way would be the more stringent drivers test in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00