View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 09:17 PM   #14
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Amazon Prime is going downhill. I ordered some small parts for my bike on Sunday and they've apparently gone missing right after they left the Amazon facility in Missouri. Amazon says if they don't show up tomorrow, I can request a refund or replacement the next day. I also ordered a laser printer through them and they shipped it USPS instead of the normal UPS shipping. Normally I would have had the shipment held at the local UPS hub, which is a couple miles away. But there was no way to hold the USPS delivery, so I had to leave work today and drive home when I got the delivery notice so the box wouldn't be sitting on my porch all day.

A colleague of mine ordered a Lenovo tablet through Amazon and got it the other day. The box had the Lenovo tablet and a Motorola charging cable that didn't fit. He was asking how the hell could that be? I told him someone returned the tablet and they repackaged it and weren't careful which cable they threw in. I've recently had a Wahoo bike computer (supposedly new) delivered that had everything normally included in the box except the computer itself. I've started using B&H more and more for tech stuff just because their stuff is always new and always shipped reliably.

I've been a Prime Member since they started Prime and an Amazon Rewards card holder for a decade. But I'm beginning to rethink all that.

Just as an aside, I get a kick out of the irony that a guy who put a listening device in 100 million US households got his iPhone hacked. Karma is a bitch.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1