View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 02:30 AM   #1461
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
I know I’ve heard that, and the people I mentioned have no complaints with them. On Corvette forums there is some squawking but not much and I can’t discount what they say but also I don’t dismiss a brand because some claim to have had bad dealings with company’s. BMW owners are notorious for bad mouthing the company and many others do it with other brands, it’s par for the course. Much of it is the squeaky wheel thing. Can’t please everybody, every time. Again the guys I know from forums and personally have no complaints with their dealings with them.
This goes WAY beyond a few owners. Hennessy is basically running a massive pyramid scheme. Whatever money one sends the company for a build now is paying for parts from a build 12 months behind on payment. This stuff is well documented, and it’s only gotten worse in the last few years.

There were PLENTY of stories on how it’s basically a crapshoot whether or not you’ll actually get the car built, or if you have to sue the company to get your car back. Seriously, GOOGLE it up. It’s scary how people continue to fall prey to their practices.

When I used to work in the industry, it was basically implied that Hennessy models himself after Carrol Shelby, but not the “good” part of Shelby, but the shady as f**k business practices.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 4
RM72891.00
Mingwan1892.50
Conissah1576.00