07-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #65
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
^
I’m looking for a “special” car that is raw and sporty. Also one that will hold its value. Since i will be trading in my BRZ, it would be nice to have a manual.

For this car i need to have fun and sound over speed / performance. Thats why i want NA engine that sounds great stock.

I had a great experience at Porsche dealer and test drove 991.1 GTS. I felt right at home in this thing. Looks and Sounds great - even has burbles in Sport + mode. Steering is even heavier than in my M3 and very direct. In terms of dynamics, it’s exactly what im looking for. It has GTS spec interior with alcantera and red stitching/highlights.
A few negatives - its PDK, price is well over $75k and no rear camera.

I would like to test drive 981 Cayman but not many S and GTS available. From a looks and desire stand point, i much prefer the 911 though.
given what you are looking for then I would say a 991.1 6MT (whether S or not) should be your target

they offer a relatively raw driving experience, awesome sound and are holding their values very well

now the trick is finding a good one, something that might not be so easy, something I am experiencing in my search for an R8 v10 6MT that has gone a good 9 months so far...
Appreciate 0