Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
      02-04-2020, 09:06 PM   #3765
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

The law of attraction is an interesting concept to discuss when it comes to the topic of CC. Especially on a BMW message board.

For some reason the tremendous increase in CC rubs me wrong. I'm not sure if it's because the evidence shows that more guns are shown to increase violence or if it's because the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whose agenda is it to push your avg American citizen to arm themselves.

I'll tell you my neighbors who are proud CC people sure have some associated pride or dare I say ego that seems to accompany their weapon holding.

Ehhh but what do I know. I grew up in a family where my moms side all had gun racks in their trucks and it was common for their rifles to be in their Chevy on HS campus. I grew up hunting and shooting skeet, birds, deer, ducks, and taught how to breath while aiming, how to clean and care for my guns etc.

Do I feel the need to have guns now? Not particularly, although I may get a shotgun just to have for hunting with my boys once they are older. But arm myself for everyday life? I don't think so. It's your right to carry and that's fine, it just seems awfully in vogue these days.

City ppl who never were around guns now must have one. Like my friend Josh who told me he had one in his glovebox. Cool 👍(sarcasm)

I went to an ANTIFA rally in Austin accompanied by a green beret special forces member - there was plenty of high powered open carry present that day. The vets were heavily armed. The rally was peaceful and for the most part felt safe, these men were clearly trained - or appeared to be.

But John & Jane Smith driving around with a glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0