07-07-2020, 07:03 AM   #241
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I just wanted to do an update since my last post. I am now down 20lbs in the last 3 months. The weight loss is not super fast but it has been very steady. It's also a very doable "diet" for me that I can continue indefinitely.

While I am not hardcore about my carbs, like I still put a little sugar in my coffee, I have milk sometimes, maybe a little sweet sauce on something etc. I do not eat the big stuff like rice, pasta, bread etc. However I have found that after a certain amount of time of eating that way I start to feel like I'm getting sick and obviously with the whole covid19 stuff I get a little worried. I have found that eating carbs helps me when that happens so I have incorporated it into my "diet". I will allow myself 1 day to eat carbs. Typically it's just a matter of adding rice to my meals that day (I love rice), but sometimes I do go "crazy" and have a pizza or something. Although that's only happened maybe twice since I started. Even when I let myself eat carbs I still try not to go crazy.

Anyways it is working well for me and we'll see how far it goes. I will keep doing this until the weight loss stops and I guess re-evaluate and adjust what I'm doing at that point.
That is great progress man, keep after it! Carbs are energy, so it's understandable that you feel a little sick after not having them for a long period of time, especially if you were a big carb eater in the past. I was the same when I did a keto diet, lack of energy an nausea was common for me because my workouts were pretty intense. Over time this will dwindle, refeading carbs once a week is perfectly fine.

With all that said, I eat an abundance of carbs daily. As you begin to learn how your body reacts to different diets you will be able to find the best one for you. There is no perfect method for a mass of people. I see a lot posting certain diets/methods to follow, but bottom line is the work better for some and not so great for others. Continue to experiment and progress. Be diligent in how your body reacts.

Be proud of that amount of weight loss too, nothing to scoff at. Losing the weight over a longer period of time, you'll have less of chance to gain it back. A lot will do short "intense" diets, lose a solid bit of weight, but in the long run it doesn't hold.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8211.00