View Single Post
      04-25-2019, 02:40 AM   #44
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff113 View Post
Yes, it's a 981 GTS. I figured the value would be more stable than a C7. Plus I always like to try different cars. I haven't owned two cars from the same manufacturer yet.

Owning an appreciating car would be great, but it would force me to buy something that was at least 10 years old. That was hard to justify with a two-car setup (DD+weekend car).

The 981 is far superior to my C6, although I do miss the low-end torque and cheap maintenance costs. It feels like the best qualities of my C6 and my 335 combined. I would recommend getting on Turo and see what cars you can rent near you. I made my decision after renting a 987.1 Cayman S. Now I am on the hunt for a new daily driver so I rented a Focus RS over the weekend. A Turo rental is the best way to evaluate a car.
Nice! Well I went and test drove the one in Irvine today...what a gem of a car!!!

This little Betty was the base 2016 model 981 with sport suspension /the 20" Carrera wheels /6 speed manual .. my salesman happen to be a former SCCA instructor.... couldn’t have asked for a better salesman to take a test drive with!!! Holy crap !!! The Cayman is amazing!!!

First thing he told me was to drive it like I stole it... after I drove it around the industrial area of Irvine for a few laps, he asked me if I wanted a demonstration of what the car was really capable of... hell yes! So he hopped in the driver seat and showed me what this car was all about .... let me just say IM SOLD!!!

Wow!!!! The thing sticks to the road like glue!!! Most drivers would never even come close to pushing this car past its limits.... just incredible

Long day... just got home. I’ll have more later

I would suggest to everyone to check out this car... and try and push it as hard as you can. It won’t flinch

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 04-25-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 2