03-12-2024, 04:43 PM   #15
prostcfc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
The first time I tried to use that it didn't show the offline map offline! It still needed an Internet connection I couldn't even provide as I was in the middle of a park with no cellular signal available. Luckily, the park wasn't large (or deserted) and I found my way out easily.

Right now, with a bunch or their shitty updates installed since, it does show the last map in a totally offline mode. But it still fails to determine my location unless I provide Internet (I miss my fucking GPS non-assisted! ). It does allow to switch offline maps manually (via search) if I went abroad though.

Their compass tried to work once and disappeared. But I know them and have a standalone compass application that doesn't seem to fail.

Don't bet your life on that shit unless you have a spare one.
Strange. Sometimes, it initially lags, but my iPhone doesn't have a problem determining where I am in airplane mode, but the wifi radio must be on too (doesn't need to be connected to any network, just on). I was just on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean, and it generally was able to find where I was.
Appreciate 0