View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #635
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Here's the big beam in the living room, complete with the furring strips still attached. Two walls (and the ceiling) still need to be painted after the crown was pulled down and the drywall repaired. Oh, and the door to the basement is getting replaced with a flat, solid core birch door in the next couple of weeks, too. All the doors and windows need to be re-trimmed with more correct style trim boards. Ugh.
Ooooo, it's going to look so good! You guys have all the MCM furniture and trimmings. I half way expect to see a shot of Don Draper lounging in your living-room with a glass of Scotch.

You have my chair you lucky SOB! I've been lusting over an Eames recliner for about 30 years. Is it the real deal or a knock-off? I met a woman at a party this past summer who works for a company that designs all of Amazon's interior spaces in Seattle. She can get the real deal Herman Miller version (black leather with walnut, of course) at cost. She offered to hook me up. It's still $4k. I just...can't...do...it... I found a knockoff on amazon that is advertised as full grain Italian leather. $1500. Before I could move on it, it disappeared. Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Interesting cut out in the door!
Interested in the story there. Cat door? How do you keep it off that beautiful chair?!
Appreciate 1