05-22-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
nostrum09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcraft
sony tends to force you to buy their own accessories too. remember when their pro duo stick just came out to be used with their cameras and there was no alternative.

im using a sony laptop and there's no way to get to the heat sink to clean the dust off without taking the laptop apart. :mad:

but i admit that their products are nice. trinitrons and xbrite screens.
Sony is the king of proprietary formats. Not just their memory sticks, but UMD for the PSP (and UMD movies... ha!).

That aside, I think that Sony isn't as doomed as people think. More than just graphics, you need to have good content, and Sony still has clout to get good content.

Let us not forget of course that the world is bigger than the US, and the PS franchise is considerably more popular than Xbox in Japan.

But certainly the crippled model seems so crippled as to say that Sony might as well just release only the $599 unit -- it's clear that they're going to push as many people (myself included) into completely ignoring the $499 unit.
Appreciate 0