View Single Post
      03-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
backstabber
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
If you count incentives in, then that's not impossible! Have you tried Passport, they seem the most straight forward in the area
Well... I didn't want to name names, but that's exactly where we went...

To be fair, our salesperson was great. This would've been our second car from the same sales rep. The challenge was with the finance dept.

I will spare you the boring details and just give you the highlights -

First, the lease term was changed from 36 months to 42 to create the appearance of a low monthly payment. (I will admit it was my fault for not asking for the breakdown right away, otherwise we'd have noticed this discrepancy sooner). Once we agreed to proceed, under the guise of "speeding things up", they started doing all the paperwork EXCEPT the actual lease agreement. After they got the new car ready, drove away our old car, and moved our personal belonging to the new car, they asked us back into the office to sign the final paperwork.

This is when they "discovered" the monthly payment was for a 42-month lease. After they fixed the "mistake", the monthly payment went up by almost $100 and the finance manager insisted that's going to be our payment. Mind you, this was after getting stuck at the dealership all afternoon and it was getting close to their closing time. We had no energy to restart the negotiation so we said we were not going through with the deal.

We asked them to bring our old car around so we could start moving our stuff back. And if that was not possible we were ready to call an Uber. Before we left the office they gave us their final numbers, which had a lower monthly payment, but turned out we had to pay additional down payment. Of course, this additional amount was sneaked in, because we told them from the get-go we only wanted to pay fees and taxes up front.

So essentially, the deal was the same all along, they just manipulated one number after another to make the monthly payment look enticing.

They said they will reach out later this week to see if we want to proceed but I am not sure how I want to proceed after getting played like a fool.

The sad part is on our way to the dealership my wife and I were actually talking about referring our friends to get their next BMWs there, but now we are going to tell them to stay away.

Last edited by backstabber; 03-08-2020 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0