View Single Post
      11-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #2
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Yes, I had the same problem in the UK when my ConnectedDrive app did not work for more than a week. This was escalated to the app developers and the following was their solution, and it solved my problem.

"The issue you’re experiencing is a known problem affecting some of our customers. I would recommend to perform our temporary workaround which is to perform a Communication Unit Reset. You would need to:
- Ensure the vehicle’s engine is running
- Press and hold the volume button for 30 seconds until the display blackens.

This will then trigger a reset of the head unit, there are no side effects other than the cancellation of active navigation routing and the interruption of ongoing phone calls.

Once this is done I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the app, and then to perform a service update within your vehicle – this is to synchronise your BMW Connected app/ConnectedDrive account. Steps are below:

· Press ‘Menu’ button
· Click on ‘Apps’ or ‘ConnectedDrive’
· Click ‘Options’ button (next to your iDrive controller) Scroll & select ‘Update apps and services’ or ‘Update BMW Services’ click to update.

Please allow up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect. I hope this helps to rectify the issue, please inform me of the outcome so I can look at escalating this further. In the meantime if there’s anything else I can help with please get back in touch.

Kind regards

BMW Connected Drive"
Appreciate 2
ToysArs60.50