View Single Post
      03-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
On these points we are not 180 degrees apart. But I disagree about McCain, although I agree that our military is primarily meant for defense, you need to have a strong offense at times.
I assume you meant "effective", not only strong -- we do have the strongest military in the world but the least effective (military leaders) last few years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I would hope that we do not approach our national interest as being a world police force. We probably differ on what it means to be a world police force and what has been done that some might call a police action. How do you like the people like John Kerry who seemed to talk about the wanting the war to be a police action, rather than war?
Our leaders should not only look ahead next 3-6 months, and look for the poll numbers. We should also think about the more distant future when we do things like Iraq, or...Iran. As I pointed out many times before, in a few years (or decades) we will not be the top power in the World, and someone else will be slapping us for all this dirty crap...

I did not like Kerry, though I voted for him. I voted for him because I'd vote for anyone who ran against W. I think the main reason Kerry lost was Edwards -- he looked so weak then and he killed Kerry's chances. As I pointed out once -- if you ever loose to W, you should never go back into the race, therefore, I am hoping Edwards or Gore do not make too far.
Appreciate 0