02-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #93
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Yes, coming back stateside in May. I had a 3 year assignment here for work, and it’s almost done.

Missed out on a lot of travel due to COVID, but at least I still got 4 days on the ring in 2020. Hoping to get one more this year, and one more at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. That place is awesome too.
Cool, thanks for sharing. That would be pretty awesome to be stationed where you're at for a few years. One thing I've been dreaming about doing is renting a car in Munich if and when I get there again and driving to Switzerland. The thought of driving a fun car in the Alps would be breathtaking I think.

Speaking of Belgium, that too was a bit challenging to drive. I happened to stay a few nights in Brussels not being aware that the Tour de France was kicking off from Brussels at that very time. What a mad house it was. Rented a nice apartment with balconies overlooking parts of the city. Anyway, my car was actually trapped inside of a parking structure our last day as I couldn't read the signs (French) allegedly warning people it would be closed. We met another couple that were in the same situation and fortunately they spoke French and after a couple of hours of investigating who was in charge of that parking garage, they moved the damn forklift that had blocked the exit! I was a bit stressed because my wife and I had to get back to Germany that evening.

I loved it in Brussels though. Needless to say the beers are fantastic and it's hard not to grab a gut busting waffle now and then. Never seen so many varieties.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
5.M0NSTER3353.50
E46ZHP254.00