Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv-cs View Post
This the M2 that's going to be made in Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv-cs View Post
I can't picture owning a true M car that's not made in the motherland. This is really BMW's last hope tho for this new generation of recapturing those repulsed by the g8x platform
You can picture owning "a true M car" made in Mexico. All it takes is an open mind.
I guess it isn't so much a question of how good will it be if made in Mexico but rather nostalgia; After all, German thoroughbreds should be German.

Having said that, Mexicans made this:

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/amp/...1400-hp/61559/

It's just going to be assembled in Mexico, the original design process and development will still be done in Germany, one would assume.

Realistically, any human anywhere can be properly trained to turn a screw or operate a software-driven assembly rig and not have any discernible effect on the quality of the product but let's be honest, this is just a cop-out by BMW AG, in order to save a buck and please their shareholders.

It does take away a certain luster from the brand's reputation and heritage, it not being imported directly from Germany and all but whatever, I'm still saving up for one regardless because it's shaping up to be the last vehicle in this segment, with manual transmission option, before it's just a blip in the history books.
Appreciate 3