View Single Post
      02-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #112
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
When I was in my early 20's, I had to go to DC for a weekend Drs appointment. I thought driving in St. Louis was slighting irritating - but the evening before when I decided to make a non-rush hour practice run to the Drs office (plus I was bored) - I got on a freeway and could not get off. I'd just start taking whatever the next right was, but it would just be another freeway equally impossible to get off. I went through 3 states before I could find an exit that was actually a exit.

I was by myself and this was pre cell phones days, so I only had a map - which I could not stop to ready while doing 85, being passed and honked at constantly.

It was right out of a sit com. I kind of wish I had it on video now. I was frazzled.
I had the same exact experience back in the mid-90s. When driving on the DC beltway, regardless of where I was, the signs kept telling me my exit was in the opposite direction. I went completely around in the beltway and never reached the exit. I finally exited the beltway to see if I could re-enter in the opposite direction. Nope, it dropped me on to another highway with no exit for miles and no place to u-turns. I finally found an exit in Virginia that dropped me on to a similar highway that took me to Maryland. Luckily it was the weekend, so traffic wasn’t heavy.
Appreciate 1
unluky7526.00