03-12-2021, 10:22 AM   #131
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
Yeah, when I visit Amsterdam I always rented a bike--it's really the best and most fun way to get around. It is definitely not made for cars and if you have an incident with a bike, the Dutch will definitely always look at the car who will be at fault. I've seen cars go out of their way to avoid even causing the bicyclists' to move. I can't imagine driving around Amsterdam.

Cambodia: I will never drive here. My uncle drove us from Battambang to Phnom Penh and I swear the last time I thought I was going to die like that was in Iraq. Don't ever try and drive in Cambodia, leave it to the locals.

Cambodia, IMHO, is fine. At least in Siem Reap region. Very civilized. Maybe b/c of Ankhor Wat. 10 yrs ago the only thing that bothered me was $25 tax to get out of Cambodia.

But India - that's a place where a foreigner should never drive.
If you get to choose between a cow and a local - hit the local ! If you hit a cow - good luck defending yourself against an avalanche of trouble. You'll may be stuck in the country for very long time. Even in jail.

But hitting a local guy if you had to make a choice - almost nothing.
Don't take any offense please if i hurt anyone's feelings. Just something that I've been told in Varanasi. :-)
Appreciate 0