Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crh97 View Post
I bought a new 30i yesterday. It wasn't exactly an impulse buy but I didn't research this purchase the way I did the 128i we traded in. There is a new threshold to be called a BMW genius? The guy didn't really help me at all with the technology.

1. When I used the wireless charger on my iphone 10 the light turned blue but in 2 hours I went from 28% to 26%. So it must have gotten some charge but is this normal?

2. Appleplay........and connecting a phone. Is it possible to have the car recognize 2 phones but always recognize the phone of the primary driver if she's in the car but if not, recognize the other? The bluetooth appleplay is a great idea but I've already decided that the way my Ford Explorer does it is more logical.
My experience with the wireless charging varies. It seems to me that if the CarPlay connection is actually used, the phone keeps the charge rather than actually increasing the charge. I assume it’s because it uses the WLAN. Still, it’s nice to have Waze running in the background and not having to worry about draining the battery. Oh, and I have one of these super thin phone covers, so expect even less than optimal charging connection.

I will check my setup... both my wife and I have iPhones, I think I set it up so mine is primary, and hers is secondary. I will let you know.
Appreciate 0