10-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #58
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
There are reports that said Elon Musk may have cheated. And given the fact he had repeatedly giving false information in the past with regard to Tesla financial well being, I am not surprised.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKBN1WX1DL

Quote:
"The car was heavily modified," said Stefan Baldauf, who photographs prototype vehicles being tested on the circuit for a living.

"Aside from a roll cage and the driver's seat, the interior had been stripped out," he added. "The windows were blacked out, so it was hard to tell."

The Tesla also appeared to have semi-slick tyres, used only on racing circuits and unsuited for everyday use, Baldauf said.

A Porsche spokeswoman told Reuters its Taycan was tested using standard tyres.

"A comparison is hardly fair if this is the vehicle used to demonstrate that Tesla is faster," Baldauf added.
Its a known fact that he's essentially comparing a heavily modified car to a mostly stock (Taycan had roll cage and seat for safety) car.

We all know for a fact that when the Mode S P100+ (Plaid) does come out, there is no way in hell it will comes standard with a scrapped interior, incredibly low suspension, and a huge rear diffuser (from the latest photos).

When elon tweeted, we all thought he would be testing a current spec P100D, which would have been fair play, but now, he's dragged this pissing rate out of proportion with all of these almost "JDM/Ricer-like" modifications. All we wanted to see was a fair (and stock) take on the Nürburgring.