View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 07:58 AM   #5
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
For us personally, it hasn't really been a change. My wife has always worked from home, and I have always been home-based. What has changed, however, is the majority that didn't work from home before now have found that we all need twenty times more meetings. Some type of human interaction withdrawal...?

Short of production-type activities, I'm convinced our company is going to push for this globally and indefinitely. Our Atlanta office has multiple floors in a large building that were already mostly empty because people were slowly transitioning to a partial home / partial office schedule well before all this hit. With the added expense of these ten year leases, I really think there's plenty to benefit.

Echoing M_Six , I think it's currently difficult to do some things without a quick water cooler session. In the past when you needed a second set of eyes on something, you just walk over to Bob's office and have a quick two minute conversation. Now? Look at their online schedule. Schedule an online meeting. Make sure the software version is good. Crap, I forgot to enable Flash. Let me present my screen, let me know when you can see it. Bob saw what he was looking for, but the couple second delay now has you miles away from it and we need to spend another forty-five seconds finding it again.

I know currently the Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc. are limited and creating new challenges. With a global demand for these vehicles that may be perpetual as far as we can see, I feel confident we'll see some significant improvements. Keep in mind we've really only been doing this for what? Two months maybe?
Appreciate 1
yco5730.50