View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 07:53 PM   #8
falb
M6GC
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP e60 M5, e39 M5, e39 540-6

I have been to this race the last four years as a competitor and you will not regret going! It is the best sportscar event on the planet by a wide margin.

Logistics at the event depends on how long you stay. You can train in for the Saturday and go to a hotel and then return for Sunday, or sleep at the track, or stay for multiple days. It seems like most diehards stay in tents at or near the track. check out lemansrace.com for on site lodging options. Airbnb is a great option for apartments or houses or castles...

Car rental...depends where you stay. I always rent but I have a good parking spot. You can take the train from CDG to Le Mans (city) and then the tram to the arena, which is inside the track and walk. If you stay outside the track then i would have a car but parking can be tricky and you may want a parking pass.

I personally don't think seats are mandatory...walking or taking the tram to the far areas and watch the cars in different places, especially at night is mandatory IMO. Tetre Rouge exit is one of the best spots since the drivers are fighting the cars for every kph to run down mulsanne.

Hope that helps. Happy to help anyone with Qs to attend the event.
#25 Algarve Pro Oreca LMP2 in ELMS
Appreciate 0