06-16-2023, 01:39 PM   #2
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
My car was one of the ones that was affected by the recall for the digital key earlier this year. At one point (while the car was at the port in Germany and in-transit) it was showing up as an open recall. Once it got to the US port, the recall no longer showed as open (and still doesn't).

I was assuming they did the update while the car was at the VC in Baltimore and closed out the recall. However, I went to try and finally set up the key today and noticed it's not showing up as an option in the My BMW app.

Can someone else who got their car recently let me know if they have the same issue? Figured I'd start here before I check with the dealer.

Thanks!
My '22 s30i was originally part of the recall but now it doesn't show up on NHTSA's recall list. I haven't taken it in or done anything that may have updated it. I took delivery last summer and activated the digital key shortly afterwards. It still functions normally so I'm somewhat confused on the issue. FWIW, it shows up on the BMW app on the main page scrolled down as shown here:

Name:  IMG_4458(1).jpg
Views: 742
Size:  68.9 KB
Appreciate 1