06-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #21
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanderz4 View Post
Finally got it working - and not through the MyBMW app options or through iDrive menu but instead of out of the blue, I received an email "Welcome to BMW Digital Key" and to click the link by adding to Apple Wallet or Add to Android. Doing so starting the Digital Key activation. Not sure if this was due to the digital key being enabled at a later date or not.
Had same issue with our X5. The email link was the only method that worked. The other methods failed with a "could not download to wallet." I did notice the link in the email specifically targeted Apple wallet.

The Genius installed the key to my Z4 when we picked it up at the Performance Center. I'm not sure what he did. He poked a few things in the iDrive and told me to place the phone on the NFT pad. The key then downloaded. It took less than a minute.