kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I dont know if this is a good review.
It contradicts groschi's own review of the r8 v10.
In that topic he said he couldnt understand why people would buy the huracan over the r8 (and claiming he had driven both), where I and some others said that I/we could understand.
And exactly on the same points that we said in that topic he now highlights on how a lambo is different. Its not only about status (thats what he previously said would be the main difference) but its also emotion, outragious styling etc etc.
For sure he had a change of mind. I think he previously thought about what car would be better, but its more a matter of what you prefer. 'Better' is very subjective.
I am sad to see that you didn't like the review, but then again, you can't please everyone

To clear some of the apparent confusion up: Of course I can understand why people buy the Huracan over the R8. I think I mentioned this in the Lambo review. But since this is a 2 part review, I have to say something like this in the first part of the review to keep the question up until the end, if that makes sense.

Also, the overall conclusion of both reviews is, that neither car is better (like you said). It comes down to personal preference. I said (or tried to make it clear) that I personally would take the Lambo in a city like Los Angeles, but anywhere else in the world, I'd probably take the R8, because I think it's the better overall car.

Why in LA? Because of the status and the additional emotional component (the car feels more like a supercar than the R8 does). Also, in LA it's more normal to drive a Lamborghini. In Germany or Europe, I would get bullish comments at every red light. Hope that cleared some things up.

I didn't really have a change of mind, but I was impressed again by how good the R8 V10+ version is. I mean we filmed the Huracan first, then the R8. I had driven the R8 a while before the Huracan video for a short time at the presentation in Portugal. But when i had it for a longer period, also after having driven the Lambo, I really could feel the mentioned advantages that the R8 has over the Lambo. I also drove the regular R8 V10, which is by far less exciting. That also emphasized my positive impression I had of the V10+.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 1